Frankincense oil has a woody, earthy, spicy, and slightly fruity aroma, which is calming and relaxing.
It can be used both externally and internally.
Please Note: You must buy Food Grade quality oils to get the health benefits and ingest the oils.
There is a lack of industry standards and regulation on oils unfortunately. Therapeutic grade of essential oil and may lack real quality or even contain contaminants. Ensure you buy organic food grade and read the uses on the label.
Health Benefits of Frankincense Oil
Arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis (RA)
– Rub Frankincense on your hands after a long day to promote joint health.
You can mix Frankincense with coconut oil to rub on all joints on the body.
Colds and respiratory disorders – Immune System function
– Dab 1-3 drops on the bottoms of your feet, and enjoy wellness year round.
– Mix 1 drop of Frankincense Oil in coconut oil and oil pull- See my Oil Pulling article on how to oil pull for Oral Health.
– Drop 1 drop of Frankincense Oil in a glass of water and drink on awakening or before you eat.
Uterine health – Ease PMS symptoms
– Massage 2 drops Sandalwood and 2 drops Frankincense oil over the abdomen and lower back to ease the discomfort of PMS pain. Dilute as needed with carrier oil of choice.
Scar, Wound, Stretch Mark, Wrinkle or Acne Remedy
-2 drops of Frankincense + 2 drops of Lavender and an ounce of carrier oil makes a beautiful serum!
Helps Reduce Stress Reactions & Negative Emotions
– Apply 1-2 drops of frankincense essential oil to the back of your neck and your temples for better focus.
May Help Fight Cancer, or Deal with Chemotherapy Side Effects
– Drop 1 drop of Frankincense oil under your tongue 4 times a week or drink 1 drop of oil in a glass of water.
Acts as a Sleep Aid
– One of the best ways to get the benefits of frankincense oil is by inhalation.
If you don’t have an oil diffuser you can simply put a few drops of Frankincense oil in the palm of your hands then rub your hands together, and breathe the oil directly from them.
Love & Light