Join my November Fast! Choose you many days suits you!
Make a GOAL
To begin a fast you must have a strong Intention for doing a fast. The power of intention will drive you to finish and succeed your fast. Fasting is harder Mentally than it is physically.
Buy yourself a Journal and write down your Intention and Goals.
I love the SMART Goal setting system
S – SPECIFIC
T– TIME BOUND
You need to write them down, read them daily and share them with people who you trust and who will care, support you and motivate you.
Why Juice Fast?
“One quarter of what you eat keeps you alive;
the other three-quarters keeps your doctor alive.”
- Rest your digestive system- Yes Juice fasting is one of the only ways you can actually rest your digestive system. If you suffer from deficiency, IBS, Constipation, gas, bloating, stomach aches, cramps or lack of energy your digestive system could not be functioning to its ability.
- Repair your gut- Toxic foods such as processed carbs, saturated fats, foods with additives, pesticides, and taking medications such as antibiotics all have an impact on your gut health (flora and fauna balance) Consuming a nutrient dense juice diet for a period of time allows nutrients to be assimilated into the digestive system very quickly aiding the repair of your gut.
- Revitalise your liver- the liver has an important role in your body, it is the main detoxifying organ of our body! Unfortunately our liver can be bombarded with toxins on a daily basis and it never gets to rest either. To assist your liver in detoxification I suggest to do a coffee enema! (Ill write about enemas in an upcoming blog)
- Increase Energy- You would think that eating less would give you less energy, however it is not so. After the main detox period of your fast which is usually 3-6 days your energy levels will increase. Put this to the test yourself keeping a journal of your energy levels daily.
What should I Juice?
You can juice almost every fruit and vegetable that you can consume raw in its whole form. Some are better than others to juice due to their water content and fibre.
It is suggested to make up your juices at a 80% Vegetable 20% fruit ratio.
The best Vegetables to juice are: Carrots, cucumbers, beetroot, tomatoes, zucchini, lettuce, sprouts, spinach, kale, celery and cabbage.
The best fruit to juice are: Apples, grapes, melons such as watermelon, lemons, oranges, limes, berries, pears, pineapples..
It is suggested to drink your juice immediately as it tastes the best and the living enzymes in the juice are at its premium. However for convenience 12-24 hours is absolutely fine if stored in air tight glass jars or bottles in the fridge. When doing Juice fasts I often prepare my juice for the next day the night before so I am all ready for the day as soon as I jump out of bed in the morning.
How much Juice do I need to drink?
Drink as much juice as you like! You must drink a minimum of 2.5L a day.
I generally drink when my body tells me, it is usually before I get hungry. I don’t personally drink at meal times as I don’t actually believe that you have to eat at meal times either. You can also dilute your juices with water!
Be sure to buy organic produce. You do not want to consume pesticides and chemicals during a fast as it defeats the purpose of detoxifying the body!
I will be talking about exercise on a daily video. Subscribe to my Youtube channel Tegan Steele
Who should NOT fast..
- If you are a growing child you must not fast. (under 18yrs)
- If you are Pregnant or Nursing fasting is not suggested as you need all the calories and nourishment you can get for you and the baby.
- People who are taking certain medications and people who have other compelling medical reasons should not fast. Go to your doctor and find out if you can or can’t.
- If you have an eating disorder or have had one in the past it is not recommended to fast.
Happy Juicing! Recipes to come.
Love and Light