RAW CHOCOLATE RECIPE
Happy Valentines Day Vegie Friends ❤
Today I am sharing with you one of my favourite naughty treats! Home made RAW Cacao Chocolate.
It is absolutely delicious, rich and healthy in moderation. It is still high in fat so try not to eat the whole amount yourself. This chocolate does not set like regular chocolate so I suggest keeping it in the fridge or freezer until you serve as it melts quite quickly in warm temperatures.
This is the perfect gift to make for a loved one on this special day ❤
I highly recommend using a vita mix high-powered blender if one is available for best results. Otherwise a regular food processor will do the job, it may not be as smooth but will still taste delicious.
–1 cup raw cashew nuts
–1 whole vanilla pod
–1/4 cup cacao powder (not coco powder)
-1/4 cup coconut nectar
–1/4 cup goji berries soaked in water
–3/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
–Pinch of Himalayan salt
-1/4 cup to 1/2 cup water
–Squeeze of lemon/ lime or orange juice
–Sprinkle of organic coconut to make a coconut rough or dried fruit and raw nuts.
-Food Grade mint essential oil (optional to make mint chocolate)
1. Line a baking tray with baking paper, Blend the cashew nuts until fine in a food processor or a high-speed blender (Vita-mix).
2. Add all dry ingredients to the already blended cashew nuts. Combine all the ingredients together in a food processor .
3. Add the coconut nectar, lemon juice and coconut oil (slowly warm oil to soften in a glass jar and sit it in warm water for a few minutes) before adding to the blender.
4. Mix the chocolate during the blending process to aid blending.
5. Pour mixture into a lined baking tray and place in the fridge or freezer.
You can add any ingredients that you enjoy. Chia seeds and cacao nibs are a great addition for a sprinkling on top of the chocolate.
When set use cookie cutters to cut into shapes or use a knife to cut into squares.
Enjoy and Happy Valentines Day!! ❤