Cacao Super food Chocolate
This Cacao chocolate is not like other chocolate you buy in the shops. It is rich, healthy, raw vegan and it is more of a fudge, as the chocolate never sets hard. I suggest that you keep the chocolate in the fridge so it stays in shape and lasts longer.
I highly recommend using a vita mix high-powered blender if one is available for best results. Otherwise a regular food processor will do the job, it may not be as smooth but will still taste delicious.
–1 cup raw cashew nuts
–1 whole vanilla pod
–1/4 cup cacao powder (not coco powder)
-1/4 cup agave nectar or Raw organic honey
–1/4 cup goji berries
–1 tablespoon bee pollen (optional)
–3/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
–Pinch of Himalayan salt
-1/4 cup to 1/2 cup water
–Squeeze of lemon/ lime or orange juice
–Sprinkle of organic coconut to make a coconut rough or dried fruit and raw nuts.
1. Line a baking tray with baking paper, Blend the cashew nuts until fine in a food processor or a high-speed blender (Vita-mix).
2. Add all dry ingredients to the already blended cashew nuts. Combine all the ingredients together in a food processor .
3. Add the agave nectar (or honey) lemon juice and coconut oil (slowly warm oil to soften in a glass jar and sit it in warm water for a few minutes) before adding to the blender.
4. Mix the chocolate during the blending process to aid blending.
5. Pour mixture into a lined baking tray and place in the fridge or freezer.
You can add any ingredients that you enjoy. Chia seeds and cacao nibs are a great addition for a sprinkling on top of the chocolate.
When set use cookie cutters to cut into shapes or use a knife to cut into squares.